MiniArt to Release Highly Detailed 1:48 Scale P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt Advanced Kit
MiniArt has announced the upcoming release of a highly detailed 1:48 scale Republic P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt advanced kit. The kit is scheduled for release in early 2024 and is sure to be a popular choice with scale modelers.
The kit will include a wide range of features, including:
- Photo-etched parts for added detail
- Clear parts for the canopy and other windows
- A fully detailed cockpit with a complete instrument panel, radio equipment, and control stick
- A fully detailed engine compartment with a complete engine and all associated plumbing
- A fully detailed landing gear with working oleo struts and brakes
- A fully detailed bomb bay with a variety of bombs and other ordnance
- A fully detailed tail section with working rudder and elevators
- Decal sheets for three different variants of the P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt
The MiniArt 1:48 scale Republic P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt advanced kit is sure to be a challenge to build, but it is also sure to be a rewarding experience. The kit is highly detailed and accurate, and it will produce a stunning model of this iconic aircraft.
48001 – Republic P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt [Advanced kit] – 1:48
The P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt
The P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt was a subvariant of the P-47D that was equipped with a new R-2800-65R engine. This engine gave the P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt more power and performance than previous subvariants. The P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt was also equipped with a number of other improvements, such as a new propeller and a revised armament configuration.
The P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt entered service with the United States Army Air Force in early 1945. It was used in a variety of roles, including air superiority, ground attack, and bomber escort. The P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt was a highly effective aircraft, and it played a significant role in the Allied victory in World War II.