Osprey: 70 Years of the US Navy’s Nuclear Submarines
Osprey Publishing, a leading publisher of military history books, has announced the release of a new book on the US Navy’s nuclear submarine program.
The book, titled Nautilus to Columbia: 70 Years of the US Navy’s Nuclear Submarines, is written by James C. Goodall, a retired US Navy officer and historian. The book tells the story of the US Navy’s nuclear submarine program from its origins in the postwar years to the 2020 Columbia-class SSBNs.
The book is highly illustrated, with more than 1300 images from official and archive sources, as well as the author’s own personal collection. The images include photographs, diagrams, and maps.
The book covers all aspects of the US Navy’s nuclear submarine program, including:
- The development of nuclear power for submarines
- The construction and commissioning of the first nuclear submarines
- The operation of nuclear submarines during the Cold War
- The role of nuclear submarines in the post-Cold War era
- The future of the US Navy’s nuclear submarine program
Nautilus to Columbia is an essential book for anyone interested in the history of the US Navy, submarines, or the Cold War. It is also a valuable resource for modelers and wargamers.