1/48 & 1/72 – Praga E-51 3D printed kits by Airmastr – 3D renders+schemes- release in September 2023
A Czech company called Airmastr is set to release a resin model kit of the Praga E-51 aircraft. The model will be available in both 1/72 and 1/48 scales.
The Praga E-51 was a Czechoslovakian reconnaissance aircraft and light bomber built in the 1930s. It was only one prototype was built before the German annexation of Czechoslovakia in 1939.
The Airmastr model kit will be based on the prototype aircraft. It will be available in a variety of camouflage schemes, including the original Czechoslovakian markings, German markings, and a “what-if” scheme that imagines the aircraft being used by the Luftwaffe.
The model kit is expected to be released in early 2023.
Praga E-51 aircraft:
- The Praga E-51 was designed by Jaroslav Šlechta.
- It was powered by a single Praga Rk.17 radial engine.
- It had a top speed of 350 km/h.
- It had a range of 1,000 km.
- It was armed with two 7.92 mm machine guns.
- It could carry a bomb load of up to 500 kg.The Praga E-51 was a promising aircraft, but it was never put into production. However, the Model Hobby model kit will allow enthusiasts to build and fly their own version of this unique aircraft.