Magic Factory to Release Limited Edition 1:48 Scale F4U-1A/2 Corsair
Magic Factory has announced its first plastic aircraft release, a limited edition 1:48 scale F4U-1A/2 Corsair. The kit will include parts to build two complete models, one F4U-1A and one F4U-2.
The kit features a number of details, including:
- Foldable and unfolded wings
- Detailed rivets and skin lines
- Accurate engine and external details
- Placeholder instrument panel for aftermarket 3D decals
- Optional positions for a rudder control surface, flaps, and ailerons
- Exhaust pipes for different engine models
- Openable bomb bay with gun and belt
- Detailed landing gear and wheel wells
- Finely printed decals for four painting schemes
- Finely detailed photo-etched parts
The F4U Corsair was a single-engine, single-seat fighter aircraft that served with the United States Navy and Marine Corps during World War II and the Korean War. It was known for its powerful engine, rugged construction, and distinctive inverted gull wings. The Corsair was one of the most successful American fighter aircraft of the war, and it played a major role in the Allied victory in the Pacific.
The kit is expected to be released in early 2023.